You will benefit from a well-rounded education and the chance to practice critical thinking with a bachelor’s degree from an American university, which will give you a head start in life. Your bachelor’s degree from the USA can undoubtedly help you in stepping stones into the world of a successful job with a range of degrees at some of the top-ranked universities and schools. This article contains all the details you require to begin a bachelor’s degree program in the United States.
Typically, a bachelor’s degree takes four to five years to complete and consists of 120 to 130 semester credit hours. You are expected to choose a major (a specific area of study) and take additional required courses. This helps you develop critical thinking skills that can be applied in any career you decide to pursue.
Benefits of Having a Bachelor’s Degree in the USA
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the USA can be very beneficial in terms of your personal growth and industrial knowledge. Before delving into how to get a bachelor’s degree in the USA, it is important you know why you should start your bachelor’s degree at a US university. These reasons should convince you to start a bachelor’s degree in the US. We shall in broad terms highlight the five most important reasons here. In addition, we’ll also discuss the different types of bachelor’s degrees in the USA for international students.
- The US boasts a number of top-ranked universities with international pedigree.
- The universities and colleges provide a wide range of courses and programs that are flexible enough for you to choose from.
- US degrees are recognized worldwide for their academic excellence and enhanced learning experiences.
- There are several career opportunities for an international degree. Just imagine having degrees from MIT or Havard on your resume…
- The programme can build your professional network, a most valuable resource for your professional and personal growth.
Recommended: Top 10 Best Paying Medical Jobs
Types of Bachelor’s Degrees in the US
- Bachelor of Arts (BA degree) for students studying liberal arts.
- Bachelor of Science (BS degree) for all science-related courses.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA degree) for students studying visual or performing arts.
Eligibility and Requirement of Bachelor’s Degree in the USA
There are a number of specific requirements that must be met before you can study for a bachelor’s degree in the US. However, some of these requirements vary with the universities/colleges and the programme you are applying for.
The general admissions requirements you must have to apply to undergraduate courses in US universities include:
- Higher Secondary with a minimum of 80% marks.
- English Language Proficiency, a minimum score of 80-100 on TOEFL and 6.5 with a band minimum of 6 on IELTS.
- Statement of Purpose expressing your qualifications, hobbies, achievements, etc. that can help in showing your interest in the field.
- Evidence of scholarship or funding
- Your CV
- Letter of Recommendation from your academic professors
- Study Visa.
Admission Process for Bachelors in the USA
Most US universities offer applications for admission in three different intakes, which include Winter (January), Fall (September), and Summer (May). To get admission in the US, you must apply online through the official website of the school you’ve indicated to study in, having met their admission requirements.
How to Apply for a Bachelor’s Degree in the US
Each university in the U.S. has its own system on its website that allows prospective students to apply for and enroll in their degree programmes. So, once you select the university of your choice, you can go through their application and submit your materials there.
Read Also: Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in the UK 2022
Top Universities in the USA for Bachelor’s Degree
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Chicago
- University of California, Berkeley
There are a number of US universities that offer bachelor’s degree courses for students. Click here to find the degree courses.
How long is a Bachelor’s Degree in the USA
Bachelor’s degrees in the USA typically take 4 academic years to complete. However, many of the degrees take much longer, including engineering, architecture, and other fields. Some of the bachelor’s degrees can be completed less than 4 years ago by highly qualified students.
Cost of Getting a Bachelor’s Degree at a College or University
Total costs can vary depending on where you choose to enroll in your program. Bachelor’s degree programs in engineering, pre-medicine, or pre-law may have higher tuition due to the length of the programme and the resources needed to graduate. Additionally, whether you attend a private or public school, your tuition may vary. Compared to private institutions, public universities charge 73% less for degrees.
You should also consider living expenses including rent, food, utility expenses, medicine, and other daily essentials.
Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the USA can be very beneficial in terms of your personal growth and industrial knowledge. This programme can build your professional network, a valuable resource for your professional and personal growth.
10 Best Insurance Companies in the US
State Farm Insurance Quotes: All You Need to Know