Al Azhar University is a public higher education institution in Egypt. The university campus is of urban type and is located in the vicinity of Cairo.
Al-Azhar University is one of the best universities of Egypt, ranking 5 in the national rating. The university is among the oldest and the most prestigious universities of Egypt. Al-Azhar University is quite famous as it ranks high in the top 5% of the best universities of the world.
Student General Guidelines
Students who plan to study at Al Azhar university must take note and complete the following:
- Fulfill all the required information inside the admission envelope, accurately and in good clear handwriting.
- The envelope contains a collection of stamps with the names of faculties of Al-Azhar University and their departments that you can legally apply.
- Separate all these stamps individually then stick these stamps on the squares on the card according to your desires, which should meet the requirements of admission to take your chance to choose the targeted faculty.
- Your desires must be perfectly graded in order to win all the available opportunities whereas student admission depends on the desires order of his options and it would be considerable.
- Any admission applications sent by mail to the Admission Office, or for making any modifications of desires will be inconsiderable.
- In the case of student request to withdraw his documents (file), it would be delivered to the student himself personally or by virtue of an official certified and signed authorization.
- Keep the receipt issued by the Admission Office to be able to check on the office whenever you need.
- Preserve your documents envelope whereas it would be your file at the faculty which you would be enrolled.
- Admission office for international students welcomes your questionnaire and would like to offer you any more information, assistance and guidance.
Location of the Admission Office for International Students
It is located on the 3rd floor, the Administrative Building, the General Department of Educational Affairs, Nasr City, Cairo.
- The Admissions results of international students will be announced at the Administrative Building, the General Department of Educational Affairs
- Education at faculties of Al-Azhar University is not mixed, there are special faculties for boys (full time only) and there are other faculties for girls (full time only) , they are separated. There’s no co-education at Al-Azhar University.
- System of study at the faculties of Al-Azhar University is the system of the two semesters during the academic year with exception of Faculties of Medicine and Faculties of Dentistry whereas the system of the full year is applied.
Required documents for applying through the Admission Office for international students
Applying through the Admissions Office at Al-Azhar University, The General Department of Educational Affairs, 3rd floor, The Administrative Building, Nasr City, Cairo
- Admission application to join Al-Azhar University.
- Al-Azhar secondary certificate of passing examinations, or its equivalent.
- Islamic missions secondary certificate or its equivalent (secondary certificate equivalent to Al-Azhar secondary certificate or Islamic missions secondary certificate issued from abroad out the A.R.E , it must be certified by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Or certificates equivalent to Al-Azhar university certificates which have been equated by the Main Committee of Certificates Equivalence at Al-Azhar university (certificate issued from abroad out the A.R.E must be certified by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
- 3 copies of the original qualification certificate (certificate must be original one, not a copy)
- Birth place certificate or an official transcript, if the certificate issued from abroad out the A.R.E, it must be certified by the authorities concerned.
- 3 copies of the original certificate of birth place; (original not a copy).
- Letter of consent issued from the embassy which student is affiliated, to certify that the student obtained an equivalent secondary certificate from abroad. The authenticity of that certificate must be verified by the embassy, and to confirm if the student is permitted to join the university or not.
- The original passport to check in.
- Student passport must be valid and contains clear visas.
- 3 copies of the original passport.