Helwan University’s International Students Scholarship
Programme 2020/2021 for Undergraduate (Bachelors) &
Postgraduate (Masters and PhD) studies in Cairo – Egypt
Helwan University is committed to adding an International dimension to its cooperative
education, and to explore new horizons for cooperation with African, Asian, and Latin-American
nations. Thus, Helwan University gladly announces 40 scholarship opportunities for
Eligible Countries: International Students (i.e. Non-Egyptian) students from Africa, Central-Asia, East-Asia, South-Asia, South-East-Asia, and Latin America are eligible to apply for the following scholarships (Applicants will be considered based on academic merits.
- Applicants for a Bachelor’s Degree must be holding a 2019 Secondary Education certificate (High School certificate, or an equivalent) as per the requirements of the Supreme Council of Egyptian Universities.
- Applicantsfor a Master’s Degree must be holding a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum overall GPA of at least 3.2 or an overall Grade of at least “Very Good”.
- Applicants for a PhD degree must be holding a Masters by Research degree from an accredited university (Masters by Coursework does not qualify an applicant to be enrolled into a PhD programme).
*Applicants’ adequate language skills in Arabic will be valued as an added extra when
- English Language Competency * Applicants are expected to upload proof that they have obtained the required level of English competency for the proposed degree programme (e.g. scanned copy of certificate).
- All applicants are required to upload a statement of up to 250 words detailing why they want to apply for the programme / degree that they have chosen (why do you wish to follow this programme?).
- All applicants are required to upload a statement of up to 250 words detailing the reasons why they wish to apply for this scholarship, and why should they be selected for this grant.
- Applicants for a Master’s Degree must upload a Research Proposal of their intended work/project (at least 1500 words).
- Applicants for a Ph.D degree must upload a Research Proposal of their intended work/project (at least 1500 words). They must also upload a statement of up to 1,500 words detailing their Masters work/thesis.
- All applicants are advised to upload any further Supporting Documents.
For more details and online application, visit http://www.helwan.edu.eg/InternationalStudents/?page_id=133