The QEPrize seeks nominations from the public that celebrate a wide variety of engineering innovations across all sectors of the profession, and a breadth of nominators from all corners of the globe.
The £1 million prize is the world’s most prestigious engineering accolade, awarded to up to five engineers responsible for a bold, groundbreaking engineering innovation of global benefit to humanity.
The only limitations are that self-nomination and posthumous nomination are not allowed.
Full nominations should be made by completing the nominations form via the link below. You will be asked to explain how the nominated innovation meets the judging criteria, identify the engineer or engineers responsible for the innovation, and provide two referees who are sufficiently knowledgeable to support the nomination.
If you have limited information on an innovation but believe it to be ground-breaking and to have already displayed a significant benefit to humanity, please provide as much information as you can. The information will be used to make further enquiries as to the suitability of the suggestion and, where appropriate, to prepare a full nomination.
- Does the innovation have global impact?
- Can you identify up to 5 engineers responsible?
- Do you have enough information to write a case for nomination?
- Are you able to identify at least 2 people who are familiar enough with the innovation to act as referees?
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
Application Deadline: 17th July 2020.
Number of Awards: Entry to the prize is open to any living individual (or up to five individuals) of any nationality who are personally responsible for a groundbreaking innovation in engineering which has been of benefit to humanity.
Value of Award: The £1 million prize is the world’s most prestigious engineering accolade, awarded to up to five engineers responsible for a bold, groundbreaking engineering innovation of global benefit to humanity.
How to Apply: Click here to make nomination
- The closing date to submit your nomination(s) is 17 July 2020
- The deadline for referees to submit supporting statements is 14 August 2020
- The winner(s) of the 2021 QEPrize will be announced in February 2021 and further details will be released closer to the time
All information that you provide will be treated with the utmost confidence.