Fall 2020 – Admission now open!
The Admission office is receiving and processing applications for the Fall 2020. The English Placement Test have been postponed until further notice.
“Universities of Canada in Egypt” proudly offers a new type of world-class education in Egypt by collecting carefully selected degree programs from top-ranking Canadian universities.
For the Fall 2020, students can choose between the exciting faculties of Arts, Business, Science, Sustainable Design Engineering and Graduate Studies.
What is “Universities of Canada in Egypt”?
A Canadian campus hosting top Canadian Universities with futuristic programs. It is the first International Branch Campus in The New Administrative Capital.
“Universities of Canada in Egypt” promotes an all-round active and diverse student life. All programs hosted mirror a blend of international experiences, tutors, and cultures.
“Universities of Canada in Egypt” encourages an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset through experiential learning, state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge technology.
Why You Should Choose Universities of Canada in Egypt
Choosing Universities of Canada in Egypt affords you the opportunity to:
- study and graduate with internationally accredited Canadian degree without leaving Egypt
- learn from the best qualified international professors
- choose to transfer to the Canadian campus of your university after the 1st year
- navigate your career paths easily with unique specializations focusing on market needs.
The admission requirements depend on the faculty you are applying to.
Faculty of Arts: Grade 12 English, one Social Studies or Language, and any three other academic courses; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Note: Grade 12 Math is required for the Economics major.
Faculty of Business: Grade 12 Math, English and any 2 subjects chosen from Social Studies, Languages or Sciences, and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Faculty of Science: Grade 12 Math, English, 2 Sciences and one other academic course; an overall average of 70% minimum.
Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering: Grade 12 Academic Math, English, two Sciences chosen from Biology, Chemistry or Physics and one other academic subject; an overall average of 70% minimum with no grade below 65% and at least 70% in Grade 12 Academic Math.
Note: For students who may be missing a subject required for admission into a speciﬁc faculty, or students requiring a transition program to university from High School, the UPEI Cairo Campus is prepared to provide a pathway which will allow qualified students to attend either a Foundation Course(s) or admission into a Gateway Program.
- Transcript of grades 10, 11, and 12
General Certificate of Education (GCE/IGCSE)
- Sustainable Design Engineering: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with no grade below 65% and 1 AS level in Mathematics (minimum grade of B)
- Science: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects and 1 AS level in Mathematics (minimum grade of B)
- Business: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects with a minimum grade of B in Mathematics
- Arts: 5 ‘O’ levels in the appropriate subjects. Note: Minimum grade of B in Mathematics is required for an Economics major
American High-School Diploma
- Presentation of completed high-school diploma from a recognized academic Grade 12 program
- At least 4 different subjects at matriculation level must be presented within the diploma
- Only 1 course may be used for admission purposes from the Grade 11 level
- SAT and ACT scores are not required for admission but may be used for admission reference
Canadian High-School Diploma
- Successful completion of Grade 12 examinations in a University Preparatory Program
- Overall average of at least 70% (75% for Quebec Secondary V students)
- Certificate of grades 10, 11, and 12
- Minimum GPA 11 is required for admission
- Transcript for grades 11, 12, and 13 (university prep). Abitur/Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife/Reifezeugnis (Certificate of General University Maturity)
- A minimum of 9 overall in the Abitur and a minimum of 3 (befriedigend) overall in the others mentioned above are required for admission
Advanced Placement (AP)
- A maximum of three transfer credits will be awarded on a case-by-case basis for AP exams successfully completed with a minimum grade of 4
- Applicants should provide detailed course description and official test results for transfer credit assessment
Once you have been accepted by the university, you will need to present the following documents to complete your admission process:
- The completed application form (proof of acceptance)
- Receipt of the $100 CAD application fee
- The birth certificate
- A copy of your passport or personal ID
- The official High-School transcripts for grades 10, 11, and 12 from all high schools attended
- Official English-proficiency proof (if available); otherwise you will be required to sit for an English-Proficiency Placement Exam
- Two personal photo (4×6)
- A portfolio listing and describing all student’s achievements, employment, and summer activities
- A valid email address
- Medical report and HIV test
- $2000 CAD tuition deposit (proof of payment)
- 2 Gond and 6 Gond (for Egyptian males only)
- Statement of Disclosure, signed and dated by the student and the guardian
How to Apply
Go to the UofCanada website at https://www.uofcanada.edu.eg
Carefully read the requirements for the degree you want to join and provide the necessary documentation.
- Complete the application online.
- Scan and upload your transcripts.
- Pay the $100 CAD application fee at your personal bank or on campus (or equivalent EGP).
- Submit your application after you upload all your documents.
- Make sure to enter a valid email address during the application process.