Pfizer Recruitment: Customer Service Coordinator, Cairo
Pfizer believes that all people deserve to live healthy lives, so Pfizer aims to provide access to medicines that are safe, effective, and affordable. https://www.pfizer.com/purpose
If you are driven to discover breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, then join Pfizer. http://www.pfizer.com/careers/en/working-here
Job Position: Customer Service Coordinator
- Manages sales orders from customers across Egypt .
- This includes orders receipt, acknowledgement, and input on E1.
- Processing and Supply of orders in a timely and efficient manner to Distributors, Governmental Institutions and private hospitals in Egypt through Logistics service provider .
- Updates & follow up on order status & shipping details for the weekly estimates while keeping all customers informed.
- Identification of potential supply problems in supply chain, development and implementation of necessary preventive and corrective actions.
- Improvement of Logistics and Distribution costs.
- Improvement for the obsolescence stock Managing claims by doing proper investigation and accrual process.
- Accurate invoicing in line with the Pfizer compliance policies and revenue recognition rules.
- Manage the smooth delivery and business continuity of Pfizer products to the market.
- Ensure business requirements are met through operational execution of the customer service / order management / O2C functions.
- Ensure full compliance to internal financial controls and processes with regards to O2C and work to minimize or eliminate any identified financial controls risks, and support O2C internal & external audits.
- Manage customer escalations as well as internal and external communication regarding customer delivery coordination.
- Document and optimize customer service and order management processes based on knowledge and expertise of local market requirements and internal Pfizer business processes.
- Enhance the supply and distribution operations to be in line with Pfizer Global Supply standards.
- Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence and share best practices within the Global supply chain.
- Provides support to the GSC in implementing new processes or continuous improvement projects.
- Key Accountabilities (the main results the job holder is accountable for delivering)
Customer Service Operations
Management of a Customer Sales Order from receipt until product delivery through a streamlined and competent process flow (including pricing set up with finance, preparation of required shipping documents, invoices, credit notes, import permits, E1 systems execution, etc.)
Distributors , Governmental Institutes, Hospitals, Inter-company Operations Customer Service team, Demand & Supply colleagues, Finance / Global Financial Services, Commercial business leaders, Regulatory colleagues, Quality colleagues, Global Trade Controls & Compliance ,Other internal & external stakeholders as required.
Key Requirements / Performance Metrics
- Ensure on-time delivery to customers and proactive communication of expected delivery dates.
- Accuracy of E1 Inventory (corrections completed in the system required at order processing stage)
- Timely and Accurate Documentation (including Invoice, Shipping documents, Customs Bill, Proof of Delivery, Certificate of Analysis, any market specific document) –traceability of documentation (system and physical)
- Cost Optimization (through finding efficiencies in process, consolidation, mode changes, waste reduction, etc.)
- Interface with KAM to align on customer orders (pending orders, back orders, priority orders, allocations, etc.) in ensuring minimum no-stock, minimal penalty on customer orders.
- Ensure on-time delivery to customers and proactive communication of expected delivery dates.
- Support key supply chain management forums (market dashboard, etc.) through metrics evaluation, data analysis, and recommendations.
- Responsible for reporting operational performance to budget and LE on a weekly basis for the current accounting period or quarter closing based on customer orders and available inventory, in close collaboration with demand & supply planning colleagues, highlighting risk and estimating period or quarter performance.
- Lead, update, and improve visual management boards in the context of a lean working environment.
- Responsible for customer claims management (expiry, damage, complaints, etc) following Pfizer policies.
- Minimum Customer Complaints and Receipt of, acknowledgement and response to customer complaints; recording and tracking of complaints.
- Accurate reporting of Weekly Period Estimates
- Verify, record and track Debit Notes, Credit notes for customers.
- Identify, record and track exception costs resulting in the Order to Delivery process (urgent shipments, overtime, cancellation, etc.)
- Provide support to other GSC colleagues as back-up while on leave and when necessary related market deliverables
- Maintain good communication and manage relationships with internal customers (e.g. finance, regulatory, commercial) to ensure processes are designed and executed to meet internal compliance requirements and business needs in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure customer engagement for external customers / distributors, holding periodic customer review meetings as needed.
- Ensure routine and meaningful communication with Inter-company Operations, attending business reviews, providing performance feedback, executing day to day operations, and recommending process improvements.
- Order Management / O2C
- Process and execution owner for daily order processing and management: customer order receipt, order entry into the system (either through order upload template or EDI PRIME functionality), order processing and allocation, product availability reviews, LSP pick-pack instructions, shipment and import / export, documentation and final customer delivery.
- Responsible for evaluating order accuracy to ensure compliance with internal
- policies as defined in collaboration with commercial, finance and compliance. Ensure exceptions are evaluated and appropriately documented as per the defined business process.
- Supply Chain process owner for debit / credit note reconciliation and price change / validation with finance and commercial.
- Order management system expert ensuring business processes are set-up and executed as required in order processing systems in full compliance with corporate guidelines. Providing input when required for system modifications, changes, updates, etc.
- Arrange daily calls with LSPs to ensure alignment on Purchase Orders and shipments.
- Report weekly sales internally to Logistics and customer service Manager.
- Ensuring business processes are set-up and executed following updated distributors and logistics service providers contracts and agreements
Process Analysis & Operational Excellence
- Drive ongoing process improvement & efficiency for all customer service operations through strategic thinking and collaboration.
- Optimize documentation and streamline processes across operations and quality (eliminating document duplication, improve archival, enhance digital documentation where possible)
- Look for opportunities to reduce / avoid costs and reduce lead time to improve the efficiency for delivery of product to customers.
- Support business strategies & changes as required (new product launches, acquisitions, divestitures, etc)
- Ensure maturity and adherence to lean principles and daily meeting / visual management processes
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
Support monthly S&OP process with cross functional participation from Business Units, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory and Finance as well as GSC team with the objective of improving supply chain metrics and meeting financial targets. Report monthly On Time In Full metrics in the S&OP meetings.
- Experience and Knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in similar roles in supply chain in a multinational organization and/ or pharmaceutical or FMCG industry is required
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, International Trade, Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Logistics/ Supply Chain qualification preferred
- Good command of English language
- Working experience with ERP systems PC skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Strong supply chain management skills including inventory management logistics, customer service, order management, international trade (import, export, customs), inventory management, metrics reporting, etc.
- Proven ability to work in a complex matrix organization with issue resolution skills.
- Communication & Influence – strong interpersonal skills required to interact with various levels of management to deliver required outcomes.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry and healthcare environment preferred.
- Project Management skills – to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Advanced BT and analytical skills (MS-Office, MS-Project, etc).
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc) preferred.
- Solution-oriented and problem-solving mindset with continuous improvement approach.
- Change Management: positive attitude to change and change management.
- Highly organized and efficient style of working
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Logistics & Supply Chain Mgmt
- Health Insurance
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan