University of Bonn BIGS-DR Doctoral Scholarship Program 2021 for Developing Countries
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: The Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) is the doctoral program at ZEF. BIGS-DR is part of a group of international graduate programs at the University of Bonn, a graduate framework that maintains the highest level of academic quality.
There are two ways in which applicants can fund their studies. The first is through the BIGS-DR internal scholarship. This internal scholarship is funded through the Development-Related Postgraduate Course program (EPOS) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The deadline for internal scholarship applicants is August 31st annually.
Applicants with a citizenship from a developing country or emerging economy can apply for a DAAD EPOS scholarship directly from ZEF.
- A prerequisite for applying for this DAAD scholarship is having at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Only applicants who have not lived in Germany yet or have been a resident in Germany for less than 15 months at the time of application can apply for this DAAD scholarship.
- When filling in the DAAD form, select “Scholarship for a postgraduate course with relevance to developing countries”.
- Please make sure that you send one copy of the DAAD scholarship form and one copy of the BIGS-DR application form to BIGS-DR. It is not necessary to send additional copies to DAAD.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The scholarship provides monthly allowance, living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months).
How to Apply:
- You have to submit a DAAD application form which can be downloaded here, from the DAAD home page, the German embassies, or DAAD offices worldwide.
- Please see the instructions as well as list of required application documents.