Job title: Head of Primary
Employed by: New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school.
Responsible to: The Principal
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree with PGCE, QTS or equivalent, ideally with the NPQH or Masters
Experience: Minimum of 7 years teaching experience with 2 years of experience working as a Deputy Head or Head of Primary.
Summary of Role:
The core purpose of this role is to provide professional, highly effective leadership and management that will achieve outstanding achievement in all aspects of Primary School life. The Head of Primary promotes the NCBIS vision and gives clear direction that is shared by all members of the Primary School and the Leadership Team. Ultimately, the Head of Primary is responsible for ensuring that children’s learning, through curriculum, teaching and assessment practices, inspire high levels of engagement, achievement and progress for students of all abilities.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt founded in 1978 and is an authorized IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 740 students aged 3-18. The student population is made up of 62% expatriate and 38% Egyptians/dual national pupils NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
The inquiry-based primary school curriculum blends the best of the PYP teaching methodologies with the English National Curriculum. Our curriculum is sequenced it into a series of subject-specific, comprehensive objectives, which we teach through the pedagogy of the inquiry based learning with stand-alone lessons for English and Maths. Our curriculum aims to foster the development of the whole child, including their social, physical, emotional and cultural needs as well as their all-important academic needs. The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the IGCSE Edexcel examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
● Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
● Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications;
● Have proven experience of teaching to at least IBDP and/or A’level;
● Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
● Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
● Be able to incorporate ICT in their practice;
● Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
● Be open to the many opportunities and some challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
● Highly competitive tax-free salary
● Accommodation allowance
● Comprehensive international private medical cover
● Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
● Return air passage to the base country each year
● Re-signing/ Gratuity Scheme
● Free Employee Transportation
Employment terms are initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service: (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service) and/or a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk/
To apply please make sure to consider the following mandatory steps:
• complete the quick apply online TES application forms
• Upload your CV on TES.
• Download the NCBIS application form under “letter to applicant”, print, fill, sign and upload on TES.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 10th January, 2020. The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Interviews for candidates will be held by Skype or Zoom, between the 10th – 31st January.