Wellcome Award MSc in Health and International Development 2020/2021 at LSE (Fully-funded)
Eligible Countries: All applicants
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The M.Sc in Health and International Development programme will award a full scholarship to one student per year, for 3 years starting in 2019/20.
Funded by the Wellcome Trust, these scholarships will support the very best students seeking a career in health-related social science research.
- This scholarship is open to all applicants to the MSc in Health and International Development programme.
- The first will be awarded for entry to the 2019 session.
- The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of both financial need and academic merit.
Number of Awards: 1
- These scholarships are part of a grant secured from Wellcome to support the MSc programme. The scholarship value is a maximum of £31,088.
- This will cover the full fees for the programme and the remainder can be used for living costs.
- The amount remaining for living costs will vary depending on fee classification. For either a UK or EU fee candidate the stipend will be £17,000 for an overseas fee candidate it will be £9,344.
- Scholarship recipients will also be able to apply for up to £3,333 research funding to support their dissertation research.
Duration of Programme: Full duration
How to Apply: To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2020, you must:
- Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE)
- Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via the Graduate application tracker including completing Section G: Personal Statement.
- and receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) by 5pm UK time on 27 April 2020.
If you only wish to be considered for the Graduate Support Scheme, you do not need to complete Section G: Personal statement.
The outcome to your Graduate Support Scheme application will be displayed on the application tracker after you have received an offer. Successful applicants selected for other LSE Scholarships or awards like this one will be contacted by email though out May, June and July 2020.