General Requirements for Admission into Egyptian Universities
- Egyptian applicants must have completed a secondary school education and hold a valid THANAWYA AMMA certificate- Mathematics, or approved equivalent certificate (e.g. IGCSE, American Diploma, etc..).
- Male applicants have to provide their military service status.
- Applicants from other countries must have an equivalent secondary school certificate approved by the Supreme Council of Universities of Egypt (SCU).
- Foreign certificate holders should have completed at least 12 years of schooling or completed 3 years of secondary school after the Egyptian Preparatory school certificate (Eidadiya) or completed 6 years of secondary school and preparatory school after the Egyptian Primary school certificate as per the rules and regulation of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education.
- Accepted students’ holder of foreign certificates must pass the Arabic and Religion exams of Thanawya Amma before or after the final acceptance in the university.
- Applicants must be able to read, write and communicate efficiently in English.